Monday, April 18, 2011

I call this one "Birth Control"

Randomly and foremost, did you know that you can be hungry and uncomfortably full at the same time? It's a phenomenon called "I have a ginormously huge baby in my belly" or "Massivitis" for short. Just thought I'd share that fun 'lil tidbit.

And now to attempt a more chronological thought process....

This past week and weekend was great. My husband was home for the weekend for the first time in about two months so we got to spend some much needed time together...along with our child...and unborn child...and his mother. But the point is, we still got to be in the same room together and have conversations...that were public and shared.

And apparently Parker can now eat at restaurants as long as they are short trips, they have applesauce or chips or fries and we hide the iPad (or pie pad as Parker calls it) in the diaper bag for an emergency back up. But I'll take it. So come the end of May, we only have to wait two more years to see the inside of a restaurant again. But I'm secretly hoping I will go into labor like tomorrow, my doctor will magically be on call, and my baby boy will be fully developed and ready to go. So we'll see if insanely specific and unrealistic dreams do come true.

We also got to go to church for the first time in about forever this weekend. It felt great to be back despite the fact that I am pretty sure Parker cried for daddy the entire time in the nursery and I kept having to sit when everyone else was standing because apparently it wasn't my turn to breathe. But it was still totally awesome to be there again.

With the nicer weather finally getting here, I've been able to wear shorts again which feels fantastic. One of the first days I experienced this freedom, I was sitting on the couch staring in disturbed fascination at my abdomen when I told Hunter I had two questions.

"Can my belly get any bigger and could my legs be any whiter?" He pointed to my belly and said 'yes' (I disagree strongly) and then to my legs and said 'no' (I am in complete agreement on that one).

Abruptly, it's time to go because my contractions are getting a wee bit out of control and it's sucking the last coherent parts of my brain away. Doesn't that sound delightful? Now who's ready to go get pregnant?

No comments:

Post a Comment