Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finally.

Only I would go into early labor twice and then make it to my original induction date. But we finally had him. And he is so stinkin' beautiful I almost can't stand it. But for the story first...

Disclaimer: If parts (or all) of this doesn't make sense, I apologize and will re-write it when I am not so delirious with newborn baby everything...which I hear is in about 20 years.

By the time my induction day rolled around (taking it's own sweet time by the way) my belly weighed at least a hundred thousand pounds. But I'm probably being conservative. My best friend from high school, Liz got to come over from Tennessee for the birth which was AMAZING. She took such great care of us including taking this picture of us right before we left for the hospital.


I was supposed to look miserable...either Hunter didn't know he was in the picture or he was too tired to care. It was around 6 am which was totally the time we were supposed to be at the hospital but whatever. It all worked out. Now here is a real picture.


Oh wait. I still look miserable...and tired, too. I wasn't exaggerating about the belly, now was I? You thought I was being all melodramatic but I was serious. How there was only one in there, I will never know.

Ok, so we get to the hospital and check in. It was weird to do this without having intense contractions while trying to answer questions like your husband's social security number. They take me back to my room and I get all settled in with the night nurse. Then the nurse who would be taking care of me that day walks in...and this was completely awesome. It was the same nurse I had with Parker! And she was just incredible. She actually recognized my name from my chart and chose to come ride the ride with us again. That was so stinkin' cool.

Fast forward through all the gory details....if you want them, you have to come visit...it's way too much for a blog...

Quick version: I had an epidural which was the best thing I've ever done with my life and then I only pushed for seven minutes. Seven. I was motivated to get that baby out. Holy moly. But he was huge so he wrecked my world. Seems to be what my kids like to do. It's all my husband's fault.

So here are his stats:

Mason Scott West
Born at 11:32 am
9 pounds 15 oz...I would just like to point out how that is one ounce shy of 10 pounds.
21 inches long

My favorite quote of the day came from my dad's girlfriend..."Congrats on your little angel/linebacker". Well said, Susan. Well said.


Out of order a little but my doctor got to deliver him which was so wonderful. When he walked in my room before we got the party started he said, "Where have you been? I've been waiting for you for a month." Join the club, Dr. Jones. Then after we all heard how much Mason weighed, he told me I was real woman. That felt pretty good until my pain meds wore off. Then not so much.



Fast forward to the next day and my old lactation nurse, who was totally not supposed to be working there anymore, walked in the room! She ended up coming back after working some where else for a while. So that was a great surprise. All of my favorite, amazing people from last time were all there this time. What. A. Blessing. And although I am totally wrecked and so sore I want to cry, I honestly couldn't be happier. Mason is perfect and healthy and so beautiful. And Parker is an amazing big brother who loves to help.

1 comment: