Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Anatomy & Physiology and The Great East Coast Earthquake of 2011

So I'm talking to my dad on the way home from class tonight and it goes a little something like this:

Me: Hey, dad.
Dad: Hey. I was just calling you back.
Me: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....why did I call you? (awkwardly long pause) Yeah, I have no idea. But check this out. Anatomy & Physiology. I TOTALLY OWN it.
Dad: What?
Me: I totally own it.
Dad: What do you mean? You own it?
Me: Yes.
Dad: I don't understand. How can you own it?
Me: I don't know how else to explain it. I rock at it.
Dad: Isn't this only your third class?
Me: Fourth. But I'm great. We have covered a lot of material already. Geeze.
Dad: Ok. (long pause) Well good. 

Well that was sufficiently awkward and unfulfilling. It always makes you feel good when you brag about yourself to someone and their brain can't wrap around the concept. 

But I still totally own this class. 

And now, the great, amazing, spectacular East Coast Earthquake of 2011.

I get a text from Hunter that reads, "Did you feel the earthquake?" So I call him because I have no idea what he is talking about and I'm in the car so I can't look it up because I refuse to pay THIRTY DOLLARS A MONTH for crappy cell phone internet. Sorry Verizon, but I can't justify raising my bill 30% for an accessory service that is slow and limiting. Anyway...this is how that conversation goes:

Me: Hey. What earthquake? What are you talking about?
Hunter: I don't know. I just heard about it.
Me: Well when was it?
Hunter: I don't know.
Me: Okay, where did it originate? 
Hunter: I don't know.
Me: Well how bad was it?
Hunter: I don't know. 5.something.

Really? Tell me there's this devastating earthquake and you can't tell me one more dang thing?! Driving me crazy. Now I have to wait the ENTIRE seven minute drive home to find out for myself. Rude. 

So I get home and put together the details and guess what I was doing at the exact moment the tremors were felt in Charlotte? I was getting adjusted by my chiropractor. I get the first opportunity of my entire life to feel an earthquake and my bones are literally being cracked back into place at the EXACT moment the ground is moving making it completely impossible to experience it at all. Seriously. SERIOUSLY. The timing of this is totally ridiculous. 

By the way, I am totally diggin' all the pics of the damage floating around the internet that look something like this (just wish I thought of it at first but I was too busy being beside myself):

No comments:

Post a Comment